Monday, April 28, 2008

Sunday Drive!

Travis and I have always wanted to drive around Utah Lake. It's huge, and takes forever. We have started out on this journey a couple of times, but always had to give up and rush home for something. So yesterday was such a nice afternoon, that after church Travis asked me if I wanted to go for a drive. So we packed a picnic lunch and went for a drive.





We got about 1/2 way across the lake a found a really nice gravel dirt It even had a stop sign at the end of it, so we decided a little detour would be fun. So we took of of the main road somewhere in the circled area. It was a beautiful drive, we found a beautiful valley, and some mines, and it was really fun! The mines we found were mining a purple rock. I've never seen such a bright purple!





Needless to say, we were somewhat lost. That road we took wasn't exactly marked well on the map. But we found an access road that was used to bring in and put up some power lines. And we finally made it out of the hills, and found our way back to the main road. It was a wonderful enjoyable trip around the lake! We think we took about this kind of trail, but we really have no idea.


3 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

How fun, our new house is right by utah lake about 4 houses away. Now that you know your way around you have no excuse to come visit us....I love taking drives more so when gas isnt so expensive.

Christian and Jennifer said...

I also love to go for drives. I absolutely ADORE it. Especially when we have nothing in particular to do and all the time in the world.

Scot and Jenny said...

That sounds like a fun day!

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!