Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Learning!!!

A really good friend of mine who is 3 months pregnant, comment that I sure knew what I was doing, and I was such a good mom, and she was worried about how to be a good mom to her little one.
I told her I didn't know what I was doing, and it just takes time and practice, and don't worry about the mistakes. She didn't seem to believe me when I said I didn't know what I was doing!

Two days later, she stopped by our house to drop off some cookies. Travis and I had been cleaning house, and I hadn't realized how late it was, so when Teagan wanted to go to sleep, I put him in his crib for a nap. Well, it was 9:00 at night, and he hadn't been fed yet. So rather than be awakened and have to feed him at 2:00 in the morning, I woke him up to feed him, and change him into his PJ's. Well, Teagan like most babies isn't the cleanest eater, and he had on the cutest outfit that I didn't want stained, so I figured I would just strip him down to his diaper. For some reason, he was freezing! I was hot because I had been cleaning house, and didn't think that it was cold at all. But I stripped Teagan down and put him in his high chair. He was so cold he started shivering!! I felt so bad, I went and got a blanket and covered him up the best I could, but he just kept shivering with his little chin quiver and everything!! Travis and my friend just laughed. Travis ended up holding the little space heater while Teagan ate. I put him in the warmest pj's he has, and he went right back to sleep.

Just goes to show, No mother is perfect, and every child will suffer while mom tries to figure everything out! It's just a good thing they are too little to remember it.

5 comments:

~*Leeann and Jay*~ said...

Thats a good outlook on it Katie.. you are a good mom I have seen it!!! I love you

Debbie Lawrence said...

That is too funny! It is true that we are all just winging it. It makes life more interesting that way. :)

Scot and Jenny said...

I think you are a great mom and are doing a wonderful job! Love you.

Merry & Gary said...

Hi Katie, This is Jenny's mom. I just couldn't resist adding that babies survive inspite of new mothers with little or no experience. I was so afraid I'd get the water too hot for Jenny's first real bath that she was screaming,shivering, and turning blue by the time I got her wrapped up in a warm towel. She turned out ok. You and your sisters are great moms.

Christian and Jennifer said...

Kate, I'm with Jenny's mom. Somehow they survive, despite all the mistakes we make! I think Heavenly Father makes them a lot tougher than they look, because we will most definitely make lots of mistakes as parents. (By the way, who here has NOT bonked their baby's head on a doorframe when carrying the baby around the house?)

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!