Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy."


At 8:30 it was time to sleep,
Mommy put me to bed, and I didn't make a peep.
I had my binky and was swaddled real tight,
My stars and moons were alight,
And I settled down for a good long rest.
And let me tell you it was the best.
The first time that I woke all night,
It was almost light.
For 8 and a half hours I slumbered in my bed.
Yes, it was 5 am that I asked to be fed.
Then quick as whistle, I was back asleep,
And until 9:00 my dreams I did keep.


When Teagan started crying this morning, I couldn't believe what time it was! I couldn't believe he slept for so long!! I have to admit, I woke Travis up to tell him that Teagan had just woken up. It was a wonderful night!!! I love Teagan, he's such a sweetheart!!!

4 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

What a sweet boy! I'm so glad he slept so well for you. Sleep is so welcome with a new baby around!

Williamson Fam said...

That is one happy day when they start sleeping in longer stretches than 5 hours, he's such a cutie.

Merilee said...

Wow, isn't it so great to sleep for so long without any interruptions. It sounds like the hardest part is over for now...at least until potty training time. Congratulations!

Christian and Jennifer said...

Ah, what heavenliness! Can you please teach my children how to do that? (Royal stinkers of the century . . . Ainsley's been waking up 3 times a night for the past week and I'm about ready to scream!)

Love the poem, my talented sis.

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!