Thursday, June 4, 2009

You know it's time to find a new Doctor when...

So I went to my first OB appointment here in Texas. I think I need to find a new OB. Here's why...

I am now 19 weeks pregnant, and of my two pregnancies, this one hasn't been the easier one. As I got to the doctor yesterday, I explained to the nurse that I just moved here, and so this is my first appointment with this doctor. She asked about my pre-natal care in Utah. I replied "In Utah, you can't see a doctor until you are 8 to 10 weeks. When I went in for my 10 week appointment, my doctor sent me instead for an ultrasound, and so I never got to see him. The Ultrasound went really well, and showed that everything was fine with the baby. We started moving shortly after, and then it took me a while to find a doctor, and then it was several weeks before this doctor had an opening for me."

The nurse looked a little astonished and said, "So is this even a doctor confirmed pregnancy? You haven't been seen by a doctor yet?"

Me: "No, I had the ultrasound instead of seeing my doctor. I'm sure he can send you the results of the ultrasound if you would like."

Nurse: "Well, let me have you go pee in a cup and bring it back to me."

So I go to the bathroom and pee in a cup and bring it back to here. Where she tests it for sugar in the urine, (Completely normal) then she sticks something else in it. After a minute or two, she turns around and says...
"Congratulations Mrs. Kulbeth. You are pregnant!!"
...
Man!!! Was I relieved. I was starting to worry about being constantly nauseous for the past 19 weeks!! and I was worried that the thing on the ultrasound, that kinda looked like a baby and had a heart beat and was wiggling and moving, just might be a tumor or something!! And I'm glad that my belly isn't just sticking out because I've been eating too many Saltine crackers!! But apparently it's official now. I am pregnant!!!

That was just one of several experiences at this office that made me stop and think, "Hmmm". So we are looking for a new OB in the area!!!

Here's a cute picture of Teagan that I took the other day!! He looks just like his Daddy!!

7 comments:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Wow, that's too crazy... yah, I would definitely switch. Did you laugh when she said that?

Debbie Lawrence said...

You've got to be joking! What a crazy lady! I am SO glad to know that you are really pregnant. :)

Mike said...

haha LOVE the sarcasm!

Williamson Fam said...

Sounds like a nutjob to me, good thing your switching doctors..

Jill said...

Ha! Sounds like a good plan... you are the momma, do they really think you wouldn't know when YOU are pregnant!?! Funny!

And your little boy is GROWING UP!!! So cute!

Stacy said...

I'm so glad you got it all (officially) figured out! Ha ha! I think I would switch too. Love the photo of Teagan!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

Wow! I had a similar experience when I was halfway through my pregnancy with Logan. It's amazing that they don't believe you!

 

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!